Saturday, August 9, 2008

The Weekend is Here...Thank God


Today, I'm packing up some boxes, getting ready for our big move in a few weeks. I can't tell you how excited I am to be getting out of this place. J and I really hate it here. I've also realized that I have an entire kitchen cabinet, full of wine glasses, which is pointless because my boyfriend and I don't drink anymore. I will, occasionally, have a girlfriend over for a couple glasses of Pinot Grigio but that in no way warrants more than 6 wine glasses - yeah, I have like 20. I would rather just give most of them away than have to pack them all up and then bring them to the new place, where they will sit in the cabinets untouched and covered in dust.

Moving to a new place is a great time to get rid of the shit you don't want or need anymore. I'd like to get rid of some of my clothes too. I have so much clothing that I either will never wear or I can't fit my fat ass into anymore. I think I have about 5 lbs of extra fat, preventing me from fitting into some of my clothes. It sucks. I have a huge summer wardrobe, and I haven't been able to wear practically anything from it because the clothes are too tight. I really need to just lose 5 lbs, and then I would be back in the "My clothes fit, but I'd like to be a size smaller," phase.

The boyf and I going to the movies later and then grabbing some dinner. We never go to the movies, so I'm excited. Oh, how I love movie popcorn. I think I'm looking forward to the popcorn more than the movie itself, and that's probably where my extra 5 lbs comes into play.

2 comments:

Kate Lord Brown said...

Enjoy the movie! Do you have Freecycle in the US? It prob came from there. I have just given away a whole heap of stuff (inc 100+ VHS movies to a kids home - just hope they like 80's brat pack :) Great way to get rid of stuff and pass on to someone who can use it. Sympathise with the clothes - by the time I get back into my leather jeans the children will probably be old enough to not want me to wear them - heh, nothing like embarassing the kids.

Colette said...

I will definitely look into it! That sounds like a great program. And, who doesn't love The Breakfast Club or St. Elmo's Fire ;-)