Friday, August 8, 2008

I'm Turning into a Cat Lady

Okay, I have a problem. I'm seriously obsessed with my grey tabby cat, Peter. He's adorable, and he has this habit of finding random, comfy spots in our tiny apartment to crawl into and sleep. This morning, J woke me up to tell me that Peter was beside the bed, lying on a pillow that had fallen off the bed while I was sleeping. I know, he's ridiculously cute like that. It seems as if any time we set a towel down for some reason, he will plant his furry, little body down on it and fall asleep.

J tells me that I am so entranced by our cat that I stalk him to find out where he is and what he's doing. He's usually sleeping! I've never seen a breed of animal that sleeps so much. He sleeps during the day, in the early evening, and then he sleeps when we go to bed! It's crazy, and I'm jealous of how well-rested he is. There's nothing worse than having to get ready and go to work when your cat is curled up like a seashell on a fuzzy towel, fast asleep. Lucky bastard.

2 comments:

Kate Lord Brown said...

This is why cats always look so fabulous in photographs. We, too, could look that damn good if we slept for 23 hours a day - bless them.

Colette said...

Kate,

You are so right. Now I know why cats are so photogenic. It's because they're so well-rested! As I say this, I look over and Peter is napping lol.

Thanks for stopping by!