Friday, August 15, 2008

Burnt Out



I woke up this morning and could not for the life of me get up and get ready for work. I'm exhausted this week. I've been staying up too late, watching the Olympics or writing articles for BitchBuzz. I need to chill this weekend and take lots of naps and eat some yummy take-out with the boyf.

I have to do some packing for the move, and I'm also donating a ton of clothes that have been hanging in my closet for a long time. There are some clothes I haven't worn in years, and/or I don't fit into anymore. They are going to a good home. J and I are donating our stuff to Big Brothers Society. All the clothes are in great condition, and I hope somebody less fortunate enjoys them as much as I did. I also gave away a lot of my "you're in your 30's now, you can't wear a bedazzled 'Princess' half-shirt" shirts. It's all about being age appropriate. Those clothes had a good run. I might even go through my "club clothes" this weekend. I have a whole crate of them in my closet, and I'm pretty sure they're covered in a blanket of cat hair because Peter used to sleep on top of them. I might keep some of those clothes, just because they're so damn cool, and I don't want to lose them. And, because I like shiny, sparkly things. I'm simple.

I hope everybody has a good weekend.

*Also, if you're reading BitchBuzz, comments are enabled, so please feel free to leave comments! Tell us how you feel about something! If you disagree with an article, then we want to hear about it.

3 comments:

Kate Lord Brown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kate Lord Brown said...

Feel rather like your cat today! Enjoy the clear out - very cathartic! Def hang on to your favourites though (I have kept vintage 60s purple glitter platforms and 80's crushed velvet tube dresses in the hope my little girl will love them in ten years or so - though she will probably have too much taste to wear them!) Just like to look at them once in a while and remember the days before sweatpants.

Colette said...

Ooh, those platforms sound fabulous! I will definitely take that advice. I have a lot of sequin tops that I absolutely love and I would never give them away. They carry a lot of memories when I was in my 20's.

Haha, I love sweatpants! As soon as I get home from work, I put some comfy pants and a tank top and plop down on the couch. I love it.