Monday, August 4, 2008

Great Weekend


I took off Friday to pick up my fabulous girlfriend, who lives in LA, from the airport. It was so wonderful to see her. I haven't seen her since she left which was about a year and a half ago. I miss her so much. I picked her up, and I took her back to my apartment, so she could meet my lovable cat, Peter. She said he was great because he acted like a dog, not a cat. He's a cat-dog. He doesn't have that bad feline attitude like most. He's just a cool guy who likes a lot of attention. She gave him lots of love and affection, and Peter was thrilled to have her around.

My friend and I had a great day together: window shopping on Newbury Street, having a lovely lunch alfresco, and catching up, since we haven't seen each other in a while. It was nice spending the day with her. She's such a wonderful person, and I know that she will remain a good friend for life. There are very few people you meet that you can say that about, but she is definitely one of them.

Saturday, J and I went to sign the lease on our brand, new apartment outside of the city. My real estate friend found it for us, and it's everything we are looking for. I'm really excited about it; not only, will we be paying less, it's also bigger than our current place. It's also very close to the subway, so I'm quite happy about that. Commuting should be a breeze.

Today, I am relaxing at home, waiting to meet up with my girlfriend. She had a wedding last night, so I know she's probably tired and hung over. I don't expect to hear from her until around 1pm or 2pm when she finally wakes up from her stupor. Later, J and I will take her to the airport. I'm sad to see her go. It was so hard to see her go the first time when she moved away from Boston. I cried for a week. I just want to see her happy. I hope she finds everything she is searching for in LA. I miss her terribly, but if this is where she needs to be at this point in her life, then I wish her nothing but the best.

No comments: