Thursday, August 28, 2008

Passion of the Frog


A crucified frog sculpture has been condemned by Pope Benedict XVI because he believes it is blasphemous. The sculpture shows a frog nailed to a cross, holding a beer in one hand and an egg in the other. They have moved the sculpture away from the entrance, but they do not want to remove it from the museum. "According to ANSA, the museum’s curators contend that the work is a self-portrait of the artist 'in a state of profound crisis' and is not an attack on religion." I can't believe this guy used a frog to depict hiimself. That's just weird. Some modern art I grasp, but art like this, goes right over my head. How do people not laugh when they see this thing?! I'm pretty sure J and I would be removed from the museum because we were rolling on the floor, holding our sides, roaring with laughter. (Via MSNBC)

No comments: