Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Onwards and Upwards

This is the last week of being in our old apartment. The place is a complete disaster right now. There are boxes everywhere, and it looks like a bomb went off in the place. We are happy to be moving, making a fresh start in a brand new apartment. I'm about 3/4 of the way done packing. I will do some more tonight. We're moving at a good pace, and I think by Friday night, Saturday morning at the latest, we will be all ready to go. It's exciting, and I can't wait to move everything into the new pad. The place is really nice, and I'm looking forward to decorating it. I think we're going to work on one room at a time. The bedroom is first. J has never liked the comforter I had picked out when we first moved to the old apartment. He said it's not made out of a comfortable material, which is funny since it's a "comforter". He said it's not soft enough for his sensitive skin. It will be fun to pick out all new bedding and curtains. We also have some great ideas for pictures we're going to hang. Although moving is a huge pain in the ass, it's worth it in the long run. We hope to be there for a while, so we might as well make it our home.

No comments: