Sunday, December 7, 2008

Alice in Vogue 2003












God, these are so beautiful.This is Annie Leibovitz's amazing Vogue photo shoot from 2003 with supermodel, Natalia Vodianova, as Alice Liddell and many famous fashion designers as the key players in Lewis Carroll's Alice in Wonderland.

In order of the pictures, the designers are:
Olivier Theyskens
Tom Ford
Helmut Lang
Marc Jacobs
Karl Lagersfeld
Jean Paul Gaultier
Viktor & Rolf
Christian Lacroix
Stephen Jones
John Galliano
Alexis Roche
Donatella Versace
Nicolas Ghesquière (Balenciaga)

Which photo is your favorite?

(Via Sooth Brush)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEah, Annie Leibovitz is pretty F'ing amazing. I love the first and the third, but I think the last one, Balenciaga, is my favortie.

Colette said...

The Balenciaga photo is amazing, I agree. My favorites are the one with Karl Lagerfeld, holding the pig and the one with John Galliano, while she's holding the flamingo. They are all incredible. It's hard to pick just one!

Firefly said...

Hmm. Liebovitz' photography is top-notch, as always. She captures the perfect tones and the ideal color palette for the emotion of each image, and the poses and expressions she extracts from the models are just wonderful...

I'm not quite so taken in by the outfits as I am by the sets and photography, though. I like the suits in the Viktor & Rolf and Christian Lacroix pieces, and the dresses in the Lacroix and Stephen Jones pieces. The shoes and set for the Helmut Lang piece are great.

Hmmmm.
Then again, it's good to note for the record that I'm rarely ever really taken in by mainstream fashion - probably the only major designers I really like are Vivienne Westwood and vintage Coco Chanel.

Colette said...

Firefly,

Liebovitz definitely knows how to take an amazing photograph. She's especially skilled at creating fantastical worlds, such as Alice in Wonderland . She nails the whole theme and the essence of Alice.

I really love the larger-than-life, grand entrance dresses on Natalia, such as the Galliano and the Versace. I think they look absolutely gorgeous in this shoot.

Firefly said...

Mmm, yeah. Leibovitz is the kind of photographer whose work is so spectacular that it requires a real top-notch designer to create work that'll live up to her lush environments.