Sunday, December 21, 2008

Starting Over


This holiday season has been a particularly bittersweet time for me, because I'm in a transitional period of my life. A few months ago, I broke up with my boyfriend of three years, and all of my friends have either moved away or are in serious relationships. For the time being, I'm alone. I have my family, and they are wonderful, but I wish I had a couple girls around with whom I could go out and have some fun.

I know once I get my own place and move out, I will meet new people, but in the meantime, I'm in the same apartment and I'm stuck at home on the weekends. It sucks, and it's depressing. However, I know it's all part of my life changing, so I just have to accept it as the temporary suckage that it is.

I try to make the best of it, and I'm optimistic that 2009 will be the year of Colette. I hope to go back to school, get a new apartment for me and my kitty, and meet some cool people. I want to live my life again, and I'm doing everything I can to get back to the person I used to be.

This past relationship took a lot out of me, but it also gave me life lessons and made me grow as a person. There were bad times, but there were also good ones, and I will always have a special place in my heart for my ex. I wish him all the happiness in the world, and I hope 2009 is a great year for him as well.

5 comments:

Firefly said...

Awwwwh... I wish I could be there with you! Though come to think of it, I don't know where "there" is. I've gone in some oopsie-daisy directions myself this year, and hey, wouldn't you know it? I think it's time to take a fresh whack at this thing we call Life! -hugs-

Anonymous said...

Poor Colette! Things are going to be awesome in '09! I'm rooting for ya!

I am in a relationship and often feel a little lonely, especially on the weekends. Things are changing now that Jason has a new job and is actually home (and awake) at the same time as me, but I feel ya girlie.

Colette said...

Aww, you ladies are awesome. Thank you for the kind words. I'm struggling right now, but I know it's just a small phase in my life, and for whatever reason, I have to go through this to get me to the next chapter.

I'm in a bad situation: I'm still living with my ex, which is like living with the ghost of a relationship. It's sad and lonely, and I don't recommend it, but it's only temporary until we can get out of the lease and find our own places.

Thanks again for the support. I hope 2009 is a wonderful year for all of you.

AgentProvocateur79 said...

I know how you feel. Weird how most relationships of me and my friends have ended after hitting the 3 year mark. Its been one of the better things to happen to me...but its still hard because I am staying with his sister until I can get my own place. And its just as weird and hard as it sounds. *sigh*

You'll definitely have a better year next year. :)

Colette said...

AgentProvacateur79, I'm sorry to hear you're going through it as well. It's definitely not easy. I alternate between feelings of relief that I am no longer in a broken relationship and sadness that I'm stuck in this shit sandwich of a living situation.

I look forward to finding a nice apartment and dating again. I feel like I've been missing that part of my life for a long time.

Good luck, my dear. Just be glad you're out of it, and you have the chance to find your own happiness.

I'm looking forward to 2009...