Thursday, December 4, 2008

Wanna Be a VS Fashion Model? Put Down the Cupcakes


NY Mag features a blog about the annual Victoria Secret fashion show, which premiered Wednesday night, and Karolina Kurkova getting criticized for her weight. Yeah can you believe that shit?!
"To prepare for the show, Karolina works out for three hours a day and cuts out carbohydrates and wheat. Fun. Her regular diet is no picnic, either. She says it consists of green juice, hard-boiled eggs, grilled fish, vegetables, and ten nuts at a time (yes, she counts them). Still, a woman at the show tells the Post reporter, "She really porked out … It's good she dropped a little bit of weight, but really…"

I'd like to see what this woman looks like because I'm willing to bet her body pales in comparison to Karolina's. Un-fucking-believable. Even supermodels get shit about their weight nowadays. What a sad society we live in. If you have any curves, then you're deemed as fat.

I watched the show, and let me just say: Karolina looked fantastic, and anybody would kill for a body like hers. Ugh, that woman who was quoted needs a good bitch slapping for promoting anorexia. FAIL.

(Via NY Mag)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh girl, you don't have to tell me about the BS with regards to weight in this country! I understand that if you're a model you're expected to be thin, but there is nothing attractive about being anorexic and that appears to be the look they're going for.

Colette said...

Phatchik,
I couldn't agree more. You can still be healthy without being a stick figure. And doesn't VS want women with curves to fill out their lingerie?! Guys don't want to see toothpicks walking down the runway. Just look at any of the men's magazines: FHM, Maxim, and even Playboy. The girls have curves!

Firefly said...

I -don't- "understand" that if you're a model, you "have" to be thin. I like big, curvy, thick 'n' juicy women as well as slender ladies, and frankly, it annoys me that we have such a thin-minded culture. Where have all the curves gone? My great grandmother was big and curvy, and she was a beautiful woman!