Monday, September 1, 2008

The Long Weekend is Over


We packed. We moved. We unpacked. I woke up at 9:30 this morning, had a great breakfast cooked by J, and then I went back to bed. I slept until 4 in the afternoon! I was so exhausted from the last few weeks of packing and getting ready for the move. I needed to catch up on some much needed sleep. I feel like a whole new woman. Tomorrow is the first day of the work week, and I'm looking forward to a longer commute, where I can catch up on some reading, listen to my iPod, or just drink my iced coffee and relax. Being further up on the line means it's less crowded, and I have a better chance to grab a seat than I did before.

Our apartment is awesome. For the first time in a long time, we feel like we're home. It's roomy and sunny, and I love looking out our window and watching people walk by on the sidewalk. Before, we lived on the 4th floor, and it was overlooking an alley. There wasn't much to look at, besides the occasional pigeon or seagull. We live on a side street, and there's a lot of foot traffic, since we are only a couple minutes away from the train stop.

The bedroom is huge, and J and I no longer have to share a closet. We each have one! We're very happy here. It feels good to finally be comfortable in our home. No more stairs, no more trash truck every morning, and no more feeling as if we don't belong there. This place is everything we've ever dreamed about. And, Peter likes it too. He's always staring out the window at the people on the street, and he purrs. I don't remember the last time he purred. Maybe he finally feels at home, as well.

2 comments:

Kate Lord Brown said...

He has beautiful table manners. Is he knitting or eating noodles?

Colette said...

He's eating spaghetti. Watch the clip below. It's hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMyHuCVaRaE