Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Things I Watched This Weekend

Now that I have cable again (don't get me started...we still don't have DVR because Comcast is the worst fucking company ever), I'm able to watch all my shows again.

Million Dollar Listing was entertaining as always. I'm starting to like Josh Flagg more and more, not because I like him as a person, but he's so funny to watch. He walks like a butler; it's the strangest thing. He's so stiff and awkward. There's a scene where he's celebrating his birthday with "150 acquaintances", and then the next scene, he is back in his hotel room, in an oversized robe, blowing out the candles on his birthday cake by himself. He's so strange and weirdly robotic, but I love him just the same.

The Soup was really funny this week. They featured a Spaghetti Cat puppet.


I saw last week's I Love Money :The Spit Olympics, and it was great. The Entertainer ended up as Paymaster, and even though Meghan was on the chopping block, he sent the 30-something stripper, Heather packing because he thought after 12 Pack left, she had turned on him. Heather is looking rough these days. She needs to lay off the cigarettes and booze and go for a moisturizing facial ASAP. She always looks permanently hungover and dehydrated.

I rented the first season of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. It's such a funny show, and I'm sure not many people know about it. It's warped, politically incorrect, but the whole ensemble cast works really well together. The show is one of the funniest on TV right now, and I wonder how they come up with the scripts they do because they're so out there. Also, watch for Brittany Daniels as a tranny named Carmen. You will be shocked, horrified, but I guarantee you won't stop laughing.


Oh, and the piece de resistance of my weekend viewing: Mad Men. Each episode tops the next. As my good friend Al said: "This was a brutal episode." Don got called out on his affair with Bobbie Barrett by her husband, Jimmy, but not before Jimmy made the "Look at us at the kids' table," comment to Betty, and then said, "I wonder what happened between the two of them." Betty acted all shocked, but she knew it was true. "The Gold Violin" was such a pitch-perfect name for this episode. What did you think the "gold violin" was a metaphor for?

The VMAs were god-awful. Russell Brand was not funny, and at times, he didn't seem to even try to be funny. He was just hosting. J called it. He was terrible. The show was boring.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia! Such a funny show.

Anonymous said...

I'm obsessed with Spaghetti Cat.