Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Colette on BitchBuzz: Sex on the First Date


I wrote an article for BitchBuzz this week about sex on the first date. Is it a good idea or not? I tend to think it's not the best thing to do, but I know there are many people who would disagree with me. They have the right to their opinions. When I mentioned the article to my boyfriend, he said: "Once you have sex on the first date, there's nothing left to do but start fighting."

I once saw a Kids in the Hall sketch where a man and a woman meet up at her apartment. He says: "Let's skip the dinner and get right to the sex." She says: "Let's skip the sex and get right to the guilt."

So, why skip the innocent part about dating? Sex can wait, can't it? Think before you jump into bed with some guy you may want to have a relationship with in the future. Sleeping with somebody too soon can prevent the relationship from developing. Some guys get stuck in hook-up mode, and they stop trying to get to know you. Sex can complicate budding relationships, so why take the risk?

Via BitchBuzz

No comments: