Thursday, October 2, 2008

Quote of the Day: Chuck Klosterman


I'm currently reading Chuck Klosterman's, senior writer for Spin and pop culture intellectual, "Sex, Drugs, and Cocoa Puffs". It's a great book, and I had read it once before, but I don't really remember reading it, so it's kinda like I'm reading it for the first time, which sometimes happens to me after I've read a book too fast. I fly through it because I love it so much, but I don't soak any of it in. Does this happen to other people, or am I a total moron?

Klosterman writes about women's obsession with John Cusack, The Sims, Pamela Anderson being this culture's equivalent of Marilyn Monroe, etc. Good stuff, and he's very funny.

This is one of his quotes from NY Mag, back in March:
You used to be able to tell the difference between hipsters and homeless people. Now, it's between hipsters and retards. I mean, either that guy in the corner in orange safety pants holding a protest sign and wearing a top hat is mentally disabled or he is the coolest fucking guy you will ever know."

No truer words have been spoken. Chuck Klosterman is my hero. He's smart, funny, and knows everything there is to know about pop culture.

No comments: