Friday, October 3, 2008

Candy Cane Chic


Viktor & Rolf, two Amsterdam designers who just released their special online fashion show, starring the beautiful and willowy, Shalom Harlow. She appears as every model, and it's kinda cool to watch. This dress was the first look, and my favorite, by far. There's just something so fun and whimsical about it. It's kind of like The Grinch Who Stole Christmas meets high-fashion. I don't understand my love for this dress, and I don't expect anybody else to get it either. I'm starting to think if I were famous, I would be one of those women who was constantly in the "What are they wearing?!" sections of the gossip rags. My stylist would try to dress me in something refined and elegant, and I would insist that I was going to show up to the premiere, dressed like a candy cane going to a nightclub.

Watch Viktor and Rolf's innovative and fascinating online fashion show

2 comments:

Kate Lord Brown said...

Fab - I love dutch design - do you know Oilily? Kids AND adult clothing - though sometimes you wish they just did grown up versions of the kids clothes (I really want my 6 year old's jeans ...)

Colette said...

Kate,

I will have to check that designer out. The kids' clothes nowadays are pretty awesome. When I was a kid, it was all about flared corduroys and striped cotton shirts. Kid clothes are actually stylish now!