Wednesday, June 18, 2008

He's Just Not That Into You: The Movie


He’s Just Not That Into You, the novel and dating bible of the 21st century, is now a feature film starring Jennifer Connelly, Jennifer Aniston, and Ginnifer Goodwin. I really enjoyed the book. Like every 20 and 30-something woman out there, I read it when I was single and dating every loser on the planet. My mom bought it for me after one of my many break-ups. She dropped it down in front of me as if to say, “Here’s a hint for you. Stop wasting your time with guys who don’t want to give you the time of day.” I think I read it a few times. I carried it with me everywhere I went as if it were some talisman to ward off bad dates.

I’m confused how you can make a movie out of a dating guide, but I will be curious to see how they do it. I'm sure romantic hijinks will ensue. The yentas who wrote The Rules must be pissed.

No comments: