Tuesday, May 27, 2008

The Bachelorette


Why are people still watching this show? I guess the bigger question is: "Why are they still making this show? It's terrible. I caught an episode last night, and it was god awful. How many times can you hear successful, grown men talk about their feelings and their "journeys". Do these men attend Bachelorette Speak 101 before they film? Every single guy on this show comes across as a bad Match.com profile. Everybody says the same thing..."I'm ready to find love. I'm looking for my soulmate. I want to embark on this journey to find the one." It's like these men were implanted with a chip that makes them all say the same cliched things. The most humiliating moment of the show is when they all stand in a lineup in front of the bachelorette while they await a rose. The men stand there looking worried and as if they really care if this woman (they don't even know) gives them a rose. The men who do not receive roses give their final interviews, stating how disappointed and hurt they are by her decision. Give me a break! This show is complete drivel. The men are obviously coached by the producers to act a certain way, and it shows. They don't come across as suitors; instead they seem more like Stepford bachelors.

No comments: