Thursday, February 7, 2008

The Woes of Packing


This week has flown by! I am super busy, preparing for my trip to New Orleans on Monday. It’s for work, so it’s less fun than it sounds. I’m leaving Monday morning around 11 AM. Oh, and I have I mentioned I hate packing? I didn’t. Well, I hate to pack. Hate it, hate it, hate it. I can’t stand planning outfits. I like to just throw my outfits together, not spend a week meticulously planning them out. Because of this, I usually end up over-packing. My mother is the same way, only worse than me. The last trip we took to Vegas together, she packed a whole suitcase full of shoes. Okay, not a small carry-on bag filled with shoes, a large suitcase full! Then, she spent most of the trip buying more shoes because she was either sick of the ones she had packed, or they were uncomfortable to walk in. I’m not that bad. However, I will bring 10 days worth of clothes for a 3 day trip. When I went to Miami for the Winter Music Conference a couple years ago, I brought about 12 tank tops, 6 skirts, 4 pairs of jeans, and a bunch of shoes, heels, and sandals. I was only there for a few days, but I packed like I was moving there. I think I ended up wearing a couple of tank tops, the same sandals, and I might’ve rocked a jean skirt one of the nights. When I came home, I unpacked still folded piles of clothes. I hadn’t worn them, nor had I taken them out of my bag.

I was complaining to my girlfriend that I hate packing, and she sent me her trusty packing list. I started filling it out, and I have to say it’s easing my luggage frustrations a bit. We’ll see how it is when I start packing though. I can just imagine myself checking off the list, and then thinking that maybe I should pack an extra pair of shoes or some more cute tops to wear out if I decide to go out for a couple of drinks with some co-workers. I know that by the end of it all, the list will be discarded somewhere, and I will be trying to find extra pieces of luggage for the additional 6 pairs of heels I want to bring.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yawn. Why do the tawdry and vapid feel the need to inflict their tedious lives on others?

Colette said...

You're on my blog. If you don't like it, then don't read it.

Unknown said...

amen sister. it's your blog you can say whatever you want.