Friday, November 26, 2010

Boardwalk Empire is Hella Creepy, But I Love It


HBO's series, Boardwalk Empire, is one of those shows you either love or hate. I happen to love it. I watch it every Sunday night. I never miss an episode. I love the writing, acting, storyline, lavish sets, etc.

This season is almost to a close. It's getting hella creepy. Van Alden, the FBI Agent, has already revealed his fetish for self-flagellation. He likes it so much that he has huge scars all over his back. Doesn't his wife ever ask him about those? This past episode he was so weird that he even skeeved out Margaret, the Irish immigrant/widow/Nucky's new bed buddy. Once he started talking about how he looks at her picture (from when she was 16) every night, she was all:

In the end, we saw him drinking at a speakeasy and (seducing?) Lucy, Nucky's jilted, sad, pathetic, half-retarded, baby-talking lover. Paz de la Huerta is a horrible actress. Sometimes I think she's good, and then I realize I have no idea what I'm talking about. I think she's so bad at acting that she tricks you into thinking she's better than she is. It's the Jedi mind trick of Method Acting. "If I play this so over-the-top and stupid, people won't know that I can't act." I saw her in Enter the Void, and it was the same thing. Also, the being naked every other scene helps out a lot, too. I'm convinced her body of work has only been possible because of her, quite spectacular, body of work.

Lucy and Van Alden had sex. Lucy was on top, her bodacious boobs bobbing as she bounced on Van Alden. Unfortunately, we had to see a very naked Van Alden underneath her, and it was cringe-worthy to watch. Van Alden is not a sexy character: He's the type of guy you don't want to picture naked, ever. The sex scene seemed longer than it was, and by longer, I mean it felt like it went on for hours. When it was over, I needed bleach for my brain. Regarding Van Alden, between the animalistic pounding and visible whipping scars, I may never be right again.

Photo Via Best Week Ever

No comments: