Monday, October 8, 2007

Relationship Rule #48

If you have a day off and your boyfriend doesn't, always offer to give him a ride to work, especially when it's pouring outside...and he asks you for one. I didn't know about this rule, but I just learned it today. Before my wonderful boyfriend, I was single for most of my 20's. I spent many a day off, just laying in bed all day, sleeping or watching TV. Now that I'm in a relationship, I have to think about him. It's a new world to me. I don't mean to be selfish. I love him, but sometimes I forget that it's not just about me anymore. I should have given him a ride, especially after he asked me. I'm not a morning person, and I was half asleep. He said that if I had asked him for a ride, he would've done it. The worst part is he's probably right. He does little things for me all the time, and I try to do little things for him too, but he's just better at doing nice things than I am. Sometimes the selfish, single girl emerges, and I don't even realize it. At 7 in the morning on a rainy Monday morning, the giver in me was fast asleep. Next time, I will give him a ride. In the meantime, I'm never going to live this one down. Word to the wise, if you break one of the many relationship rules, you will never hear the end of it.

1 comment:

LimeyG said...

Don't worry about it--sometimes the selfish single girl still comes out when you've been married for ten years :-)