Monday, July 21, 2008

A Classic is Remade


Brideshead Revisited, the beautiful, lush 1945 classic by Evelyn Waugh is being made into a movie. I can't wait to see it. At the moment, I'm reading Brideshead Revisited, a book I picked up a couple years ago, but put it down after a couple of chapters. I'm trying it again, and this time I love it. It's a fantastic book with wonderful characters and luxurious surroundings. I'm only on Chapter Two, so only a few characters have been introduced so far.

In the film version, Matthew Goode plays the ever so nostalgic Charles Ryder. He's also the adorable British actor who played Mandy Moore's love interest in Chasing Liberty. When I told my girlfriend who is a huge fan of the book, that he was playing the lead, she was really excited. I mean, he's no Jeremy Irons like in the 1981 television mini-series, but he's pretty damn sexy.

No comments: