Friday, April 4, 2008

Girlfriends

This year, I have been very fortunate to make some new friends. One, I met through work. She has been so wonderful showing me the ropes and career counseling me every step of the way. She has even given me great relationship advice when things weren’t going so well with my boyfriend. I am so lucky to have met her, and she feels as if she’s been one of my girlfriends for years. Another one, I met because she is my boyfriend’s friend’s girlfriend. She is a beautiful person, and I love hanging out with her. Also, she has an amazing knack for interior decorating. I’m so jealous! Decorating does not come naturally to me, so when I see people who could make a cardboard box look good, then I’m impressed.

Over the years, I’ve had many friendships, some of them wonderful and others not so great. In fact, some of the women were downright insane. I’m not saying it in that catty “oh, that girl’s crazy” kind of way; these women were batshit crazy. The girlfriends I have now are a small, but wonderful group of people. They are successful; two of them own their own business, and the rest have good careers. Most of them are in relationships. A couple of them are single and looking for the right guy. All my girls are fabulous and very different from one another. They’re all beautiful people inside and out. Friends should add something to your life. They are the ones you call when times are tough, and you are the one they call when they need you the most. Now, that I’m in my 30’s, I have discovered that it’s not about how many friends you have, but who your friends are. If you have one amazing friend, then that beats 10 bad ones any day.

No comments: