Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Weeknights

For some reason, weeknights just blend together; I can't remember one from the next. Lately, I've been trying to hit the gym and still make it home to cook dinner. It's so much cheaper and healthier than ordering take-out every night. Now, if I left it up to my boyfriend, he would, with no doubt in my mind, order buffalo fingers or pizza every night. He loves take-out, but it's expensive. We're on a tight budget these days. We are planning a trip to Vegas at the end of February. Between our rent, living expenses, and the trip, we are dead broke right now. It's sad, but we're happy regardless. You know things are bad when you receive that automatic e-mail alert from your bank telling you that you have reached your pre-set low limit threshold...ouch! Things are tough right now, but we know that it is only temporary. In the meantime, we are eating at home. My boyfriend must be going through buffalo fingers withdrawal as we speak! I've never seen anybody like buffalo fingers as much as he does, or any food for that matter. He needs BFO aka Buffalo Fingers Anonymous. Some people dream about unicorns and mysterious lands afar; my boyfriend dreams about buffalo fingers.

Cooking every night is tough. I give my mom a lot of credit for always having dinner ready every night when we were growing up. It takes a lot of work. You have to plan the meals, get the food, and then cook it. I like cooking, but it's a pain in the ass, especially when I'm exhausted from work and just want to order a pizza. I know a lot of people who either don't eat dinner or order take-out every night. I love dinner, and food in general, too much to skip it. If I ordered take-out every night, I would either be morbidly obese or living in a cardboard box or both! We used to go out to dinner once or twice a week, but lately my boyfriend doesn't have the tolerance for the general public. He said he deals with so many idiots in his line of work that he can't stand actually dealing with these morons face to face. I think he just needs a better job - something we are currently working on.

So, once I've cooked, we've eaten, and I've done dishes, I get to watch the wasteland that is the current state of television. Shows I love right now are: Paranormal State with Ryan Buell (you are a dreamboat), Real Housewives of Orange County (you women are horrible human beings), and Rock of Love 2 (you are an old guy who used to be a famous rock star trying to screw skanky drunk girls who either strip or prostitute themselves for meth). It's amazing the crap I watch, but I love it. I enjoy crime shows on A&E; there are too many to name. I also like any show where a person tries to flip a house and fails miserably. My boyfriend and I get great pleasure out of these people's misery. There are a ton of "flipping houses" show, but the best one is Property Ladder. There are so many morons out there who think they will make a ton of money flipping their house, and they think it will be relatively easy. The best is when they say that it will take 4 weeks, and their budget is $30,000 ha ha. It's always triple the time and double the budget.

So, between the gym, cooking, watching my favorite crappy shows, I'm exhausted. It's become like a little routine, but I like it. It's not as good as a weekend night by any means, but it has its own charm.

2 comments:

Spanknsparkle said...

Wow, take-out every night!

I think we are a little different in the UK, our family has take-out 2 or 3 times a month! But, there are 6 of us, can you imagine the bill for that?

Keep up the good work, you'll be so much healthier, happier and richer in the end x

Colette said...

That would be rather pricey ;-0

I'm trying! We had pizza last night though...oops lol.