Friday, January 4, 2008

Another Quiet Friday Night


There's not much going on tonight. My boyfriend has to work late, so I am holed up in the apartment with Peter the cat, doing laundry and watching Lifetime. I just caught the season premiere of "How to Look Good Naked", and I loved it. Carson Kressly, the blonde flamboyant guy from "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy", hosts this makeover show with heart. The show takes one woman with a low self-esteem and poor body image and with positive reinforcement, a fabulous makeover, and a sexy photoshoot in the buff, she is transformed into a confident, beautiful woman. It's so refreshing to see women embracing their own bodies and accepting their flaws. These women do not have perfect bodies, but they are beautiful and shapely; the way a woman's body should be. Carson Kressly is a vivacious host; he's the type of gay man a woman would love to hang out with for a day and go shopping and take Cosmo breaks. He's funny, sweet, and bursting with compliments. Wow, I need this guy to jump out of the dressing room while I'm trying on bathing suits.

I also caught the premiere of "Matching Manhattan" which was pretty uninteresting, considering it was about desperate singles in NYC. I love a good matchmaking show. My boyfriend and I used to religiously watch A&E's "Confessions of a Matchmaker" with the abrasive Patti and her motley crew of losers looking for love. This show was boring, and the matchmaker is this guy who reminds me of a game show host or a weather man with a bad orange tan. There's something slightly artificial about him; he looks like a mannequin. One dater was so clueless that he actually told a girl he loved her two dates into their courtship. Now, isn't this rule #1 in dating? Another woman brought up the fact that she doesn't want kids on the first date. Talk about too much information. Once she said it, the table got very quiet, and I was almost expecting some tumbleweed to drift by. Then, there was the woman who broke up with the guy who told her he loved her after two dates; she broke up with him over text. The orange tinted matchmaker was not happy with this. Apparently, adults aren't supposed to break up over text - who would've thunk it??!! I think this show is for novice daters with no common sense. "What do you mean I'm supposed to put on pants before I go outside??!!" It's a decent show if you want to laugh at people who don't have a clue about dating; although now that I think about it, does anybody?

No comments: