Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Love Will Make You Nutso


I am convinced that falling in love will make you go insane. How do I know this?Because my girlfriend is really into this guy she's seeing, and she's become f'ing crazy! She's constantly focused on his every move: where he is, what he's doing, who he's talking to, and when she's going to see him again. It's seriously exhausting just listening to her talk about it.

As a good friend, I listen to the craziness and because I love her, I tolerate the borderline psychotic texts/e-mails/IMs from her, asking me to analyze every bit of minutiae of their interactions with each other. She's become a stalker, and I'm not sure how that even happened. She thinks about this guy morning, noon, and night, and every hour in between.

And if he's not texting her every hour, then she's freaking out, asking me if I think there's something wrong. She's become a mental case, and I'm not even sure how it happened. This is a smart, funny, and beautiful woman we are talking about here, and before this guy came along, she had a full life, so where did it all go wrong? She fell in love, and too soon, I might add. She's only known him for a month. Can you really fall for somebody in such a short time?

The romantic in me says "Of course!", but the realistic side in me says "No way!" I tell her she's nutso, and she laughs, but I think she's really lost her marbles with this one. I'm all for losing yourself in love, but this is more like Fatal Attraction sans a bunny being boiled.

I don't know, maybe I'm being too hard on her. She does really like the guy. Who am I to say that she's acting like a weirdo, since I'm not in her situation. All I know is as much as I would like to fall in love again, I want to keep my sanity. That's possible, right? We've all heard the saying "crazy in love", but does it really make you lose your mind? If so, then I'm good with my love life the way it is: uncomplicated and even fun, at times.

Image by Nikola Tamindzic via Home of the Vain Tumblr

No comments: