Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Men: No ROR


I've dipped my foot in the dating pool again, and it kind of sucks. It's not that I've gotten rejected or anything like that; it's that men have no ROR (aka no rhyme or reason). They make no sense. And the moment I find myself getting annoyed or slightly hurt, I put myself in the shoes of a man and think "What's my motivation right now?" Nine times out of ten, I don't have an answer.

I'm talking to a guy, and so far we've been on ONE date, so I don't really think of us dating. I think we're still in the talking phase with one date under our belt. We text back and forth every day. Some days, he texts me good morning, and when I get used to that routine, he texts me only at night. And when I'm accustomed to that pattern, he rarely texts me that day. Then, the next day, he texts me several times. Now, is this the pattern of some mastermind lothario who is trying to screw with my mind? No, this is just a guy, who gets distracted easily. I'm pretty sure a shiny ball could roll by him, and he would chase after it.

Meanwhile, I'm going out of my head: "Why hasn't he texted me? Does he still like me? Where is he? Why haven't I heard from him this morning? What's his deal?" It's ridiculous, but we women are wired differently from men. We need constant attention, and we need to think that they are thinking about us. Men, on the other hand, pop in here and there, sometimes often, sometimes rarely, and there's never a pattern they follow. It's frustrating. That's why we just have to accept it for what it is: men being who they are - MEN.

There's no rhyme or reason with what they do, so it's pointless to stress about it. Besides stress causes wrinkles, and who needs that. Put your phone away, go to the gym or go shopping with a girlfriend, and do your best to get your mind off the guy who may or may not be texting/calling you.

No comments: