Friday, November 21, 2008

The Pieces Within the Pictures


This week, I came across my old shoebox of photos, which have chronicled the last 15 years of my life. It's pretty amazing how different a person I am now, how much I've been through, and all the people I have met on my journey. I'm not the same girl I was 10 years ago or even 1 year ago, for that matter. And for the first time in a long time, I'm content with the person I am. My life may not be perfect, but it's pretty good, and I know it will keep getting better from here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your post made me think about where I was a year ago. Initially I would have to say that not much has changed: same boyfriend, same address, same job, even same clothes. But upon closer inspection, much as changed. All for the better. Growth is amazing.

Colette said...

Phatchik, it's amazing how much we change, the wisdom we gain, and the lessons we learn in the process. Life is an incredible journey.