Sunday, February 17, 2008

Some People Are Assholes

taw·dry (tôdr)
adj. taw·dri·er, taw·dri·est
1. Gaudy and cheap in nature or appearance. See Synonyms at gaudy1.
2. Shameful or indecent: tawdry secrets.
n.
Cheap and gaudy finery.


I just logged into my Blogger account for the first time since my New Orleans trip, and I saw that there was a comment on my latest blog, The Woes of Packing. Some rude individual left me a rather derogatory comment, calling me "vapid and tawdry". Does this person know what the word "tawdry" means? I always thought "tawdry" connoted something indecent or improper. So, I actually looked up the word, and it has several meanings, all of which do not apply to me or my blog. This person also labeled me as "vapid", which if this person actually knew me would know I am the furthest thing from.

So, my question is why is there so much negativity? I have never read somebody else's blog and felt compelled to insult the blogger or their writing. I don't understand it. I left the posted comment because I want everybody to see it. I want everybody to see this person's unnecessary and rather mean-spirited comments. If you don't like my blog, then don't read it. My blog is not for everybody. If you are a man, then you will most likely not enjoy it. That's okay. There are blogs about cars and gadgets that I wouldn't get any pleasure out of reading. If you start reading my blog, and you think I suck as a writer or you think my writing is as entertaining as watching paint dry, then close the window and move on. I've always believed if you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all.

No comments: