Friday, November 9, 2007

What Makes You Feel Sexy?


I find it's so tough to feel attractive and sexy when you're working 40 hours a week, cooking dinner every night, and taking care of the household. There are some nights I'm so exhausted that I usually end up in comfy pants and a t-shirt by 8 PM. I go through stages where I feel like I've lost my feminine essence. I think a lot of women go through this at some point in their lives.

Just recently, I've been getting back to feeling like my old self by pampering myself. I've been trying to wear make-up during the day; even though it's tough to always find the time to apply when I'm running out the door in the morning. It's funny how a little mascara and shimmery lip gloss can really make a woman feel like a woman. I've also been throwing on a little scent before I leave the house. Lately, I've been wearing a Crabtree & Evelyn spray: it smells like citrus, and it's a very clean scent. I stopped wearing my glasses because for some reason, I've never felt sexy in my glasses. I don't know why. I wonder if other women feel this way. I see so many beautiful women in glasses, and they seem to be quite happy and confident in them. I like the way mine look, but I don't feel attractive in them. I've always felt really hidden behind them. It's weird. I know.

I think the next thing I'm going to start doing is working out. I've been reading about how it really makes you feel good and it boosts your love life. I don't know about anyone else, but I want as much love in my life as possible! I've also been trying to pamper myself as much as possible: getting my hair cut and styled; taking long, hot showers with exfoliators, shower gels, mousses, and body moisturizers made for the shower; and buying a pair of sexy black boots made to wear with the perfect pencil skirt.

What makes you feel sexy? How do you keep feeling like a goddess on the days you feel like a tired, old hag?

3 comments:

OurKookyLife said...

To me it's my hair, i have to be happy with my hair to feel my best.

Anonymous said...

C'mon gals! We don't need that one thing epitomises our sexiness. I feel sexy all the time...even when I'm curled up infront of the TV in my jammies stuffing my face with chocolate obsession ice cream. That's when I feel like me and when I feel like me I feel sexy.

Colette said...

Tell me more about this chocolate obsession ice cream ;-)

Thanks for the comments!