Sunday, April 20, 2008

Starting the Gym Again

After about 3 months away from the gym, I'm going back. I hate working out. I don't like it, but I have to do it. I'm the type of person who has to stay motivated, or I will stop going. Right before I went to Vegas, I stopped going because I was busy planning and packing for my vacation. I had a great reason not go, right? Sure, but then what was my excuse for the next 3 months??!! I'm lazy when I let myself. I'm no Jessica Biel or Cameron Diaz; you won't see me working out for hours at a time or surfing. In fact, I don't like being active. If I had my way, I would be sitting on my couch eating ice cream every day. Then, my clothes wouldn't fit me anymore, and I would have to get special big girls clothes. So, it's either start working out or investing in a new wardrobe. Summer is just around the corner, so I've decided to hit the gym again. And by hitting the gym, I mean popping in for a 1/2 hour every other day after work and doing about 10 minutes of cardio and 20 minutes lifting weights. I hate cardio. I despise it, but I've heard workouts are more effective if you raise your heart rate. Ugh, 10 minutes on the treadmill is like an eternity. Every minute, I look up at the clock, and think, when is this going to be over??!! I wish I was one of those women who loved the gym. You always see those women, running for a solid hour on the treadmill, glistening in sweat. They look so happy. I would love to be one of those women, but I'm not. I'm the woman who hates the gym, and I hate running even more. The last time I ran, I think I was running after an ice cream truck.

No comments: